Friday, May 3, 2013

Chapter Eighteen

The initiates are being trained together and they are all standing in a dark hallway, being called one at a time into a room with Four. They don't exactly know what stage two is all about but they do know it'll be emotional, and a lot of it.

Drew, Uriah, and Tris are the last three left and finally, Tris gets called in. Four tells her that the simulation is in order to face your fears and you're timed. You will be in the simulation until you can lower your breathing or lower your heart-rate back to normal. She is given a shot in the neck and the transmitter in the serum are connected to the computer so Four can see whatever the person is going through. He tells Tris to be brave.


Tris awakes in a grassy field and the sky is an orange/yellow and it gives her anxiety. I can relate because a lot of my dreams make me feel dread and have anxiety. Then birds start attacking her and trying to crawl down her throat. I initially though... she's afraid of birds? She got a tattoo of birds on her. But then I realized that is symbolizes something else.

As soon as she wakes up, Four looks astonished and walks her back to the dorm. He tells her that it was amazing and that she got out three times faster than anybody else. After she settles down she asks his ranking. It turns out that Four was ranked first and Eric was ranked second, so by default Eric became a leader.

"It fills me with anxiety, my body cringing away from it."
I imagine it as this color almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment