Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chapter Twenty-eight

Tris is breaking the Dauntless rules and going to visit her brother, unattended. She is upset about the previous  training session, after she slapped Four, and just knew she had to leave. She finds Caleb and they argue. This shocks me because this could be one of the only times they ever get to talk, in their life, and they're arguing? They should be hugging and saying how much they miss each other. They already broke one rule, you might as well just break them all!
If you've already stepped on the grass, you might as well run through it.

Unfortunately, they get caught breaking the rules and Jeanine summons Tris down to her office. Tris realizes that Jeanine is the familiar voice she heard right before she was captured and almost thrown into the chasm. Jeanine asks her a bunch of questions about her aptitude tests and I'm just thanking god that she's not a true Candor!

Then Jeanine digs too deep and begins to ask about the reviews she has conducted. Tris has to lie and say that she doesn't care about her family, even though it kills her to say it. It practically feels like someone stabbed her. She soon leaves and when she returns to the Dauntless compound, is confronted by Eric.

I was genuinely scared for her because I thought Jeanine called and was like, 'She's divergent!' But she didn't. Four and Tris lie to Eric and try to convince him that Tris just tried to kiss him and was denied; this resulted in her running away. After Eric leaves, Four and her make up. Four didn't mean to hurt her, he just wanted to show the others that she could still seem weak.

Tris returns to the dormitory where Cristina confirms that her and Will are a real thing. I was so right!!! That makes me happy that I predicted that. Cristina talks about the Candor initiation and while some people would find it awful and draining, I think it's relieving and not that big of a deal. For Candor initiation, the initiates take lie detector tests all day, every day. Then, on the final day of initiation, they are given 'Truth Serum' and asked really personal questions. You spill your guts in front of  in the thought that if all your secrets are out in the open, you'll have no reason to lie every again. I think that this would work because everyone is starting fresh and why would you ever want to go back? This would definitely work on me.

Four takes Tris on the train and I laugh when I look in my notes because my exact words are,

"They getting busy in the train? Romantic." Haha. Then this thought popped into my head, 'does ayone drive the trains, or do they just run from controls?'

Four explains that it's suspicious that the Erudite use electricity and light all night, so he does research and find what looks like war plans on Abnegation. They also think that they are going to use the Dauntless to fight, they just don't know how.

"A calm mind is a clear mind."

"For the first time, I recognize Eric for what he is: an Erudite disguised as a Dauntless, a genius as well as a sadist, a hunter of the Divergent."

No comments:

Post a Comment